Header

Header

Monday, 4 May 2015

Woodberry Down Skyline, London - February - May 2015

Since Finsbury Park reservoir got locked up about a year ago, and then again in November, and again in March, it was probably a sign to start looking for another place to go to as my 'local'. For quite some time, despite living only a mile away, I'd missed the Skyline building, which I'm going to put down to a lack of looking East from Manor House. Adders and I initially had a little scope back in December, but ended up not having a proper look. A few months later, I was on the way back from a gig and had the urge to climb something. Nipped home for the kit, popped into the offy, ten minute walk and boom.

I've done the place five times now, although it was only on my first visit that I actually bothered with the roof of the building, the remaining visits have all been to chill out on the crane instead. 




"Arranged over 30 floors and offering luxurious one, two and three bedroom apartments and penthouses, the Skyline tower will form the last part of the second phase, with apartments offering breathtaking views of London across the East Reservoir.

  • 24 hour concierge
  • Close to transport links
  • Residents' gym, pool and spa
  • Luxurious specification"


The picture below is the only shot from my first visit, which was solo. I'd made it to the roof, but the terrible rain combined with fenced off edges forced me down a couple of levels to here. As you can see it's a bit too far out of the way to get decent shots of the city. 


 A few weeks later I returned with Soph and a bottle of wine, this time opting for the crane. The building has approximately 26 levels from the ground (I assume the 30 mentioned on the Skyline website includes basement stuff), with the crane being a couple higher. 


It has the usual features of a crane...



 Here we move on to my third visit with Monkey for him to climb the jib. Mad bastard.


This picture is taken from the top of the counter-jib as he made his way down. He'd made it to the top in about a minute, free-climbing of course. 



None of the photos from my fourth visit have found their way in to this report, unfortunately they weren't anything special, but then I wasn't there for that reason. 


My fifth visit, with A, was the first time that I was able to take a clamp up there, and gave the best photos. 


The photos above and below are looking North, the red light above the horizon is the mast at Alexandra Palace.



The clamp also allowed for some good photos looking down. 


The junction below is Manor House, with Finsbury Park behind it. Above the avenue of trees sits the plateau where one can find the resi, which I'm sure will have its day again. The top of the building itself is on the left, showing its fenced off nature. 


There we go then. Not the most impressive of sights or sites, but given the amount of times I've been up to the top it seemed silly not to put some photos up of the place. 


Cheers for reading.


SirJonnyPenishead

No comments:

Post a Comment