Header

Header

Saturday, 10 January 2015

5 Cheapside, London - 2013-14

I actually made three trips to this crane, the first two being two nights on the bounce in December 2013, and the third in April. On the way home after my first trip, I noticed my toy pig 'Sausage' (see here) was no longer in my bag, and realised that it must have been at the top of the crane. I returned the next evening, and much earlier, in search of Sausage. Given the high winds, I didn't expect the pig to survive at the top. I spent about ten minutes hunting around, but couldn't see it. Dejected, I started to make my way down. Just as my head was about to go through the hatch, voila! I spotted Sausage balanced right on the edge of the platform. It was a close shave, but he lives to this day. 




The crane was only a baby one sat on top of the 7 story building, but it gave a great view of St. Paul's Cathedral. 






This is how the building looked from the ground, with the cab of the crane just visible in the top right of the photo.


In April 2014 one of my best mates returned from Australia, and after a sustained session of alcohol abuse, record shopping and Craig Charles, we ended up near St. Pauls at about 4 in the morning. We took a quick run to the offy nearby, and soon enough we were up top, mainly for people pictures. These were taken on my compact, which was relatively new at the time. 



The Shard is viewable in the background here. 

Thanks for reading. 


SirJonnyPenishead

No comments:

Post a Comment