Header

Header

Wednesday, 1 May 2013

The Peak District - April 2013

In another non-exploring post (sorry) I thought I'd share some photos from my trip last month to the Peak Distrcit. With cold and windy conditions the entire way up from Ashford to Hathersage on the Friday afternoon, not to mention constant traffic and a convoluted shopping list, it looked as if things were not boding well for our weekend of walking. How wrong I was.

It turned out to be the nicest weekend of the year so far at that point. No wind, glorious sunshine (I even got a slightly sunburnt nose) and several feet of snow in places. It was truly fabulous walking conditions.


We of course met the usual suspects in the designated Hathersage meeting place 'The Little John', which is just as bad a pub as it was last time. 



On the Saturday morning we set out for our hike, at which point I noticed that I had forgotten to charge my battery, so photos were taken sparingly. 
  


At this point here LJ and I posed in front of a Windows 2000 background for some potential Network promotional material.



Tim doing his thang with Ladybower in the background.



Towards the end of the hike we spotted a good place to do a group photo atop Stanedge, which involved a frantic run from me around a cliff edge. No biggy. 


At one point in the hours between these photos a dog viciously humped a man in the boot of a car. It was hilarious.


The Saturday night was taken care of in classic style, although due to the longer-than-usual hike (not aided by the snow, too) everyone else seemed to go to bed quite early, so it was sort of a quiet one.


The only photos I got on the Sunday were Where's Willy photos, which are posted elsewhere. Shame my battery was so low really. It was a great weekend. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment